GoPro HD Hero 960 problem…

Tagged: ,

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

I got this helmet camera for Christmas and have only used it once. Ive got a 4 gig carb in it and it took about a 15 minute video of me just biking around in the snow mounted on handlebars. I hooked the camera up to the computer to edit the video and everything was fine. I deleted the video off of the camera thoguh the computer (atleast i think did) and when i turned it on to use it, the camera said full. I hooked it back up to the computer and it said it was empty. Thinking about getting a bigger card but dont want the same to happen. Any suggestions?

Try reformatting the SD card in your computer. in ‘My Computer’ or ‘Computer’ right click it and choose format. Use all defaults, except make sure it is set to FAT32.

If that doesn’t work, try another card in the camera to see if you have a defective card, or a defective camera. If it’s the camera: it’s warranty time…

"maddslacker" wrote

Try reformatting the SD card in your computer. in ‘My Computer’ or ‘Computer’ right click it and choose format. Use all defaults, except make sure it is set to FAT32.

If that doesn’t work, try another card in the camera to see if you have a defective card, or a defective camera. If it’s the camera: it’s warranty time…

i have a mac if that chages anything

Only the ‘how’

You still want to format it to FAT32.

i put the card into a card reader but the computer didnt recognize it. nothing showed up. not even the reader.

Sounds like a defective card.

alright! i wanted to get a bigger one anyways. thanks for your help!

When you hook up an external storage device (such as an external hard drive, your GoPro, etc) to your Mac, and delete files from it when it’s connected to the Mac, you need to empty your trash before removing the device from the Mac. Otherwise, it wont show those files are there, but they”ll actually still on there taking up space… Pretty lame Mac thing IMO, but can’t hose you once you know about it.

Another option, go into the settings menu on your GoPro, click the power/mode button until you see "ALL" displayed, and then press the shutter button a twice (once to select delete all and the second to confirm it). That will delete all the files from the SD card and I’m pretty sure it reformats the SD card as well. Hope this helps.

"Pinz71" wrote

When you hook up an external storage device (such as an external hard drive, your GoPro, etc) to your Mac, and delete files from it when it’s connected to the Mac, you need to empty your trash before removing the device from the Mac. Otherwise, it wont show those files are there, but they”ll actually still on there taking up space… Pretty lame Mac thing IMO, but can’t hose you once you know about it.

Another option, go into the settings menu on your GoPro, click the power/mode button until you see "ALL" displayed, and then press the shutter button a twice (once to select delete all and the second to confirm it). That will delete all the files from the SD card and I’m pretty sure it reformats the SD card as well. Hope this helps.

thanks man its finally working! trail time 😃

"Pinz71" wrote

Hopefully you can help me…i have deleted files before from my gopro, but when i go to delete them this time i click the shutter button on "All" but the light just flashes three times and nothing happens. The files are stuck on the card and i cannot delete them from my computer or mac. It says files cannot be deleted. ?? And when i go to record on video i press the shutter button and the light flashes three times again but still will not record.

Do you have resolution set to R4 (720) or R5 (1080)?

For some reason, certain SD carts won’t allow me to record 1080 and it acts similar to what you’re explaining when I click the shutter button to record.

Do you have the card locked, you know the little white thingy on your card that can move up or down?

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.